We have managed to escape the boat for a few hours this afternoon. While the sailing and scenery have been quite lovely the sleeping (well for me that is) has proved to be quite a challenge. For some reason when the sun sets and it is time to hop ınto bed I manage to get untired. The constant sway and creaking boat do absolutely nothing to help the situation and last night I listened to the ipod for 5 hours straight and didnt sleep a wink. And just to put the iciıng on the cake... while I was sitting on deck this morning as we set sail with the sunrise, everybody ın the front of the boat saw dolphins. Naturally I was at the back of the boat and heard nothing of this awesomeness until a few hours later. I was probably twiddling my thumbs when the dolphins popped up while the others were snapping photos. hmpf.
There is of course a bright side to my complaints... afterall I am in Turkey. The color of the water in the little coves we stop to swim in along the way definitely rival the beaches of Asia that I am so fond of. The water is still and sparkling and we can see straight below. The only thing that worries me are the occassional warm spots as I swim along with the others on our boat. All of whom are fantastic people. Conversation on the boat is constant and we all enjoy the liberty that seems to come with the absence of television and internet (although who am I to talk as I beelıned for the nearest internet cafe as soon as we got off).
Right now we are stopped for 2 hours in the little seaside town of Kaş (pronounced more like 'cash' unless pretty much everyone on the boat ıs australian in which case it would be pronounced as 'cawsh'). Besides internet we have already managed to devour some delicious Turkish ice cream. I think I feel more seasick on land than I have on the boat... and we still have 2 more nights to go. Yikes... I may be checking into a hotel if tonight goes anything like last night... I have even contimplated swımmıng to shore and finding a rock to sleep on. After this port stop we are going to cruise by the 'sunken city'-- not sure what that entails exactly but the pictures look cool.
Enjoy the photos! Here ıs the websıte of the boat cruıse company we are wıth ıf you are ınterested: alaturkcruises.com
Petey-- lovıng lıfe!
Sunset-- nıght 1
snorkelıng ın perfectıon
1 comment:
Yeah! Pete! I'm camino ! As soon as i see your reply letter , I am joining this site ! I think that your face and spa are full of joy in these picture ! Acturally , I envy you T^T .Because you look so free ! I study really hard these days. Math makes me carzy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh! Oh, I saw that you're engaged. Congratulations! I saw the video that you linked. I think this dog looks like pete. I'm just kidding. :) I hope you well everytime ! Take care~ Please answer me to my e-mail.
Post a Comment